Vitamin C also known to us by the name ascorbic acid and has in human body it is responsible for various vital roles. Vitamin C helps in the prevention and treatment of infections hence also beneficial for our immune system. Our body cannot store Vitamin C as it is a water soluble nutrient so it is required by our body in daily basis. Below is the chart of Vitamin C containing fruits & Vegetables Name.
Vitamin C Fruits Chart
Vitamin C per Cup
Vitamin C per 100g
Vitamin C per 200 Calories
Some other fruits that consist Vitamin C are:
Acerola Cherries: In one half cup 822mg or 93% DV of Vitamin C is contained.
Litchi: One litchi has around 7 mg and 7.5% DV of vitamin C.
What is the Per Day Requirement of Vitamin C?
- Around 40 milligrams of Vitamin C is required by adults having the age in between 19 to 64.
- Since it is a water-soluble vitamin, it should be taken everyday with your diet by which you will get sufficient amount required by your body.
- It is must to consume it daily as Vitamin C is not stored in our body.
Benefits of Vitamin C
- Ensuring Proper Activity of Body: Vitamin C is required by almost all of our body tissues for its development, growth and repair. Vitamin C is helpful in collagen creation, nutrients absorption such as iron, immune power, wound healing, maintenance of teeth and bone.
- Protection of Body from Damage: In our body, Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant and fight against harmful toxicants, free radicals and air pollutants like smoke that can multiply with time in the body causing harmful reactions and diseases like heart diseases, arthritis and even cancer.
- Boosting Immune System: Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps to maintain the natural defence system of our body. According to the studies, increase in the intake of Vitamin C is helpful for the formation of antioxidant level in blood by 30%.Vitamin C is helpful for maintaining the body’s natural anti-inflammatory defences.
- Lowering Blood Pressure: According to a various researches, taking the vitamin relaxes the arteries that carry blood from the heart, leading in a reduction in blood pressure. Although these findings are promising, it is somehow unclear whether it will be helpful for a long time period or not. A high blood pressure patient should not primarily rely on vitamin C to treat their condition.
- Protects Memorizing Power With Age: Vitamin C is an exceptionally potent antioxidant that protects our memory. Low levels of this vitamin might cause memory and cognitive issues. Furthermore, if we consume more amount of vitamin C from fruits it will protect our thinking and memorizing power as we get older. Dementia, for example, may benefit from vitamin C. (impaired ability to think and remember).
Problems Due to Deficiency in Vitamin C
In case of Vitamin C deficiency, below mentioned are some symptoms:
- Weakness and exhaustion.
- Muscle and joint aches and pains.
- Bruising is simple.
- Spots resembling minor red-blue bruises on the skin.
Other signs and symptoms include:
- Dried skin.
- Splitting of hairs.
- Gums that are swollen and discoloured.
- Gum bleeding occurs suddenly and unexpectedly.
- Nose bleeding
- Wounds do not heal well.
- Infections are causing problems.
- Joints bleeding, resulting into acute stiffness of joints.
- Structural changes in bones.
- Tooth loss is a common problem.
- Loss of weight.
Vitamin C deficiency is not detected and treated properly, it can cause chest pain, neurological problems, high fever, bleeding within the brain in certain people, followed by haemorrhage around the heart, which can lead to death.
Cheap Sources of Vitamin C
Vitamin C could be found in abundance in a wide range of natural foods, particularly fresh fruits. The following are the fruits that are high in vitamin C:
- Indian Gooseberry: 445mg/100g
- Mango: 28mg/100g
- Oranges: 53mg/100g
- Limes: 30mg/100g
- Kiwi fruit: 93mg/100g
- Strawberry: 59mg/100g
- Cantaloupe: 40mg/100g
- Acerola: 1600mg/100g
- Guava: 228mg/100g
- Cranberry: 13mg/100g
- Litchi: 70mg/100g and other such citrus fruits.
The Bottom Line
Vitamin C is essential because it helps our bodies accomplish a variety of jobs. It boosts our immunity, keeps our connective tissue in good shape, and keeps our hearts healthy. Vitamin C-rich fruits are helpful to our health and can help us avoid a variety of ailments. Vitamin C deficiency can be damaging to your health if you don’t get enough of it.
We know that the main source of Vitamin C are citrus fruits and in this article we have covered almost all fruits having vitamin C. For the consumption of Vitamin C on daily basis, you can check out the above list and can intake plenty of its amount regularly. So, this was all about this article. If you liked our work, please let us know. Have a good day!